Before attempting this task make sure you understand what is meant by sampling sound.
Complete this drag and drop activity to highlight the key concepts of sound sampling.
Sampling Intervals and Sample Rate
- Sampling sound is the process of converting an sound wave into a signal.
- When sampling sound, the computer takes of the sound wave at regular .
- The sampling interval is the number of between two samples.
- The larger the sampling interval, the the quality and file size of the sound file.
- The is the number of samples in one second. It is measured in .
- A sample interval leads to a low sample rate.
Bit Depth and Bit Rate
- The Bit Depth is the number of used to store one sample into binary.
- A high bit depth leads to a better sound file.
- The Bit Rate is the number of bits used per seconds, measured in .
- A high bit rate leads to a better quality sound file.