Have you ever heard of HTA files aka HTML Applications? If you not here is what you need to know about HTA:
- HTA files look very similar to HTML files but when you save them you need to give them the .hta extension.
- Microsoft described an HTA as running much like an .exe file.
- HTAs will run from your system so they are not bound by security or privacy concerns that are found on the Internet.
- HTA will appear in a window that can be customised (Icon, toolbar…), so they look more like a Desktop application rather than a webpage.
- HTA applications need the following tag in the <HEAD> section of the code:
<HTA:APPLICATION border="thin" borderStyle="normal" caption="yes" icon="./favicon.ico" maximizeButton="yes" minimizeButton="yes" showInTaskbar="no" windowState="maximize" innerBorder="yes" navigable="yes" scroll="auto" scrollFlat="yes" />