Our aim is to use the BBC micro:bit to create an automated Car Park Display to inform drivers of the number of empty spaces left in a car park.
Our system should:
- Be initialised with the number of available spaces in the car park set to 20 and the car park will be empty when the program is started.
- When the car park is empty the micro:bit should display a scrolling message saying “Car park is empty”
- To enter the car park, the driver has to press the A button of the micro:bit. The display should then changes to calculate and display the number of empty spaces left: e.g. Scrolling text : “15 spaces left”.
- When a car leaves the car park, they will press the B button of the micro:bit. The display should then changes to refresh the number of empty spaces left.
- If the car park is full, the micro:bit should display the scrolling text: “No entry – Car park is full”. Drivers should not be able to enter the car park. Instead, should the A button be pressed the display should say “No entry – Car park is full”.
Use the microbit.org website to get started!